View Single Post
      10-31-2017, 11:04 PM   #11
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaah View Post
I was seriously eyeing off a Camaro before getting the 235 but I just couldn't get over the size and lack of visibility.

My biggest issue is that almost no one makes a small, RWD, manual sports car with decent power from the factory. The BRZ is fun but felt only a little faster than my old E30 and the engine sounded terrible. Noise is a big part of the sports car experience.
It's deceivingly "not as big" as the last generation, but even that has good and bad, it's a little tighter inside, not quite as wide as the last gen. You get used to the driving position and view, but I think a sunroof is critical for any extended driving or non-track work, it really "opens up" the car and offsets the "driving in a coffin" feel. The high sills are kind of cool and I like the fact that it's hard for everyone to peer into your car while you are driving, but I'd be lying if I was claiming the side visibility is good. While you adapt, that doesn't mean it's a "non-issue". I'm fairly educated in ergonomics and human factors. Interestingly though, the rear view is almost exactly the same as my 428GC. That rear window is very small and the radical slope just doesn't allow for anything more, so it's literally the exact same picture. For the side, it's critical to adjust your mirrors correctly. In many other cars you can get away without doing it, turn your head like an ostrich to peer through the windows, but in this you don't see anything when you do the same, so you gotta do it, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't still have a couple close calls (but it now comes with blind spot alert on the 2SS), no more than any other car, just that it seems more surprising.

I looked semi-seriously at the M2. I could swing it, but looking at what you get for the $, it was hard to justify and our dealers up here have somehow made them well over 70K, so the value is pretty poor. The bigger issue is I just am not convinced the M2 would have the raw connection that I want.

Last edited by RM7; 10-31-2017 at 11:09 PM..
Appreciate 0