03-08-2021, 02:16 PM   #32
LOW4LYF
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Please elaborate.

G80/G82 deliveries release officially happens only later this month.

Do you base your point of view on the vast number of HEA cars (Händler-Erst-Ausstattung - dealer demo cars / launch cars) produced over the past couple of months to be on display at showrooms worldwide. Correct me if I'm wrong, but dealerships are required to buy HEA cars regardless of customer orders: for BMW that's a sold car, for a dealership not necessarily. So the question is whether BMW can also score easy homeruns with non HEA cars (customer orders).

Do you know how G80/G82 customer orders (non HEA cars) are evolving, what's the tendency noticed by your dealer ? Is it like 2015-2016 where customers frantically tried to get hold of a HEA M2 since deliveries release date (April 16, 2016) in order to jump the long queue (for some, the wait lasted even a couple of seasons - M2 production was cranked up late 2016 to meet high demand) ? Does the usual new (generation) M model ordering frenzy also happen with the G80/G82 ?

To get an indication: you mention that you consider ordering a G80/G82 - did your dealer tell you that, if you're not interested in buying the dealer demo launch car on display in the showroom, patience is required because of long waiting lists ? Or did your dealer tell you on the contrary that you can customize your very own G80/G82 and take delivery already someday this Summer ? Are you offered an interesting discount or did your dealer tell you to stick close to MSRP because of massive demand ?

Not sure where you heading but vielen Dank for explaining what HEA means, let's not continue in German or should we?

We have discussions like that every 7-8 years, everytime a new model is lunched and my feedback is based on 24 years BMW only with usally more than 3 at the same time.
Appreciate 0