View Single Post
      11-12-2021, 02:49 PM   #270
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Comically, I get called out daily on my Lexus and how everyone thinks it cost me a fortune, from people I work with. I got asked by one of the maintenance guys the other day, why I don't buy a truck. My response was two part - 1.) I can't afford one. (I make slightly more than median income for this area, my home is paid for and my monthly expenses are relatively low) and 2.) Why would I pay twice as much as I did for the Lexus to buy a truck when everyone I know has a truck. If I need to move or haul something, all I have to do is call anyone I know and borrow their truck.

A woman I work with just bought a new Ford Escape. She paid more that thing than I did for my Lexus.
When I bought my second Corvette it was right at $40k and holy crap you would have thought I was JD Rockafeller the way my co-workers reacted.

A few months later I was at a party and a buddy of mine wanted to check out the new "to me" Vette. His GF asked me what kind of raise I got and I told her it was a base model and not that expensive. My buddy said "yeah, it's a base C6 Corvette a year old what did you pay.... ~$40's?" I said "spot on" then he reminded her his Ford F250 diesel was about that, then she turned around and said "You paid what for that truck?' lol

and he said yeah, diesel trucks are expensive.