View Single Post
      11-26-2020, 04:40 PM   #8
Invincibear
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW 750Li

09 750Li now with 155k KMs.
Bought it from a small euro dealer at 140k that did the following work that year:
-Valve stem seals
-Starter
-Alternator
-Spark plugs
-Claim they did steering pump, but it's currently leaking and steering wheel vibrates
-Turbos aux water pump

In 07 at a bit over 100k KMs, a BMW dealership did the customer care package and replaced:
-Vacuum pump
-2x PCV valves
-2x turbo oil return lines
-Fuel carbon canister
-2x fuel feed lines
-2x MAF sensors

What I've done in the 6mo of ownership:
-both front thrust arms due to worn hydrobearings + alignment
-8x spark plugs (doh)
-8x coils
-5x injectors
-2x turbo diverter valves (upgraded to turbosmart 50% BOV)
-replaced most interior buttons (climate, radio, parking brake, start/stop)
-lower oilpan gasket (still leaking, will warranty it)
-Cleaned out cabin air blower motor of debris
-Replaced HOME HVAC AIR FILTER???? with proper air filter material for the cabin air blower pre-filter. I cheaper.out and bought a strip of filter material used for wetvac vacuums and zip-tied it, saved like $80 and the end-result is equivalent.
-Cleaned out the A/C condenser with a couple cans of A/C cleaner+ bleach to eliminate mildew smell.
-Replaced mismatched Xenon headlights with a new pair
-Replaced all other tired halogen bulbs with LEDs
-Replaced tired interior bulbs with LEDs
-Reconditioned all 3 screens that had scratched anti-glared coatings, wrapped their peeling surrounds with carbon fiber vinyl wrap
-Replaced turbo downpipe seals to eliminate exhaust leak
-Replaced a broken rear seatbelt
-Installed missing floor mats

What I still need to repair:
-DME replacement ($250 to clone to a used DME, $300 for a used DME, various shipping costs) due to CD9304 error because dealer didn't properly bolt down a wiring harness and cooked the BSD circuit so I can't set maintenance intervals, read oil lever, and alternator is always on at 13.8V
-Turbos leaking oil. Found replacement cores for $300USD/EA I'll probably buy.
-Missing various cable fasteners in the engine bay and a few 50% stripped fasteners to replace
-Transmission service last done at 100k, it's due
-Rear diff main input seal leaking, diff mounts need replacing (extended warranty will cover this)
-Propshaft flex discs starting to crack, need replacing.
-Both from struts bump stops worn/torn, I have the replacements to install, just need a spring compressor.
-Front driver seat leg support stopped working, ordered a $10 metal gear to fix that.
-Front driver seat up/down height adjuster stopped working after I removed the front seat, need to investigate
-Two exterior door handles' comfort access don't work. $800 from dealership to replace and paint, covered under warranty, waiting at the dealer for me to get installed
-Power steering pump + oil-soaked accessory belt + oil-soaked main drive belt
-Hood struts ($20)

Basically previous owners didn't bother with maintenance, and this car shows. But I've also done a few mods and I can do some of the work myself to get this back to 100% so hurray for project cars!

Last edited by Invincibear; 11-26-2020 at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0