View Single Post
      01-27-2017, 11:30 AM   #50
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

I experimented with my previous 135i for lengths of time in all different modes. In the end, I found myself in normal D for regular driving and Manual for a bit of fun. I rarely used the sport button in Manual unless a certain type of anticipated aggressive driving situation was occurring or was about to occur.

In the Z4, I am Sport all the time and I alternate between D and M (just like at the end of my 135i ownership, I don't use the move-shifter-left automatic S mode at all). It's the first button I hit after the Start button. For some reason, I do not like the throttle response at all on the DCT in Comfort mode and the suspension softness just bothers me. I don't hate the suspension in that mode, I just prefer the car to be a bit more firm. My 135i drove like a brick, I didn't like that much after a while either. The Sport setting, to me, is a good in between feeling. Just like the 135i, I rarely used the Sport+ button in Manual unless a certain type of anticipated aggressive driving situation is occurring or about to occur.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50