View Single Post
      02-26-2022, 10:38 AM   #16
g11hoonigan
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW 740i

I think the module/controller is faulty.

Have you tried disabling it (hold for 7 seconds and release) and see if it goes back to default height as you drive it past ~15mph? You can also try the foxwell scanner for bmw to recalibrate it (or use the bimmerlink?) but i figure that wouldn't matter if the module is really defective.

I have no problems with mine so far (or so I thought) but the car is still at 40k miles so there's that. But I do think that it has a mind of its own and is always active. When parked in the garage sometimes it would stay lower (sport height) as I turn off the engine. Sometimes it would immediately raise up to default (comfort) as soon as I close / open any door - or even the hood. Sometimes I would just see it either raising up or lowering down a bit for no apparent reason at all. My garage is completely flat/level, if that matters.

That said, I still think it's normal for it to constantly correcting the height depending on certain conditions that it thinks is the case. The only gripe that I have is while it feels floaty on the highway, going over bumps isn't as smooth as I would have liked.
Appreciate 0