12-26-2020, 05:40 PM   #59
fgpalmer71
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 Genesis sedan 3.8 AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
The range stuff is a none issue for MOST people. My long range Model 3 does like 300 miles on a full charge. However like with a regular car that's assuming you are not flooring it all the time etc. Also I almost never charge it to 100%. So typically it sits around 250 miles. I can go anywhere I normally go to and never have to charge outside my garage. Even the furthest I go which is about an hour each way I don't have to recharge.

The few times I have used superchargers they are super convenient and FAST. There is one in this plaza I frequent. I will put it to charge go get lunch and by the time I'm back 15-30min it has typically added 100-150+ miles of range (depending on how many people are there, how low I am etc).
Yes, that road trip put the range anxiety to bed. All of the build quality complaints seem to be slightly blown out of proportion in my estimation....especially now....and especially when I compare it to the few, real start up auto manufacturers that have come up in my lifetime. I've driven a Fisker years ago when they came out. I remember being a kid when my uncle brought home one of the first Hyundai's to be sold in NYC, I recall yugos (not sure if that was a truly new car company at that time). What I saw from Tesla's when they first came out can't be compared to any of those. From my vantage point they're continually improving. Fight as one may I'm of the opinion resistance is futile. Kinda like when the ICE engine took over for steam! History has a way of repeating itself. When I run the numbers, maintenance costs, fuel, etc......it's a no brainer for me personally. I love my cars almost as much as I love my money. It seems like I'll be saving dough in the long run and I'll be enjoying the drive every time I'm behind the wheel. They work for me.
Appreciate 1