View Single Post
      10-01-2020, 04:48 PM   #8
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
My big concern is that Apple has been touting this change to help bring iOS apps to the Mac. I strongly dislike the way that the iPhone does some things, and cringe as I see more and more iOS stuff like their notification system creeping into OS-X and now MacOS. The internal team wars at Apple seem to be leaning towards turning the Mac platform into a giant iPad...with a keyboard/mouse and probably no touchscreen so it doesn't cut into iPad sales.

I don't know how much anyone here knows about the post-PC world theory as millennials work from smartphones as their primary online tool. As an "OK Boomer" , my iPhone gets 10-15 minutes of screen use per WEEK, and I wouldn't even own one if it wasn't necessary to manage my cellular Apple Watch. The cellular Watch goes everywhere, and the iPhone stays home more times than not. If it wasn't for specialty software for work like Royal TSX, I would have very little use for a computer.....