View Single Post
      03-26-2021, 10:07 AM   #30
jstewart
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw 760i x-drive

Yes it was finally finished today. What held it up was new intake filters (OEM) which were out of stock. Upon driving the car for the first time since installing the cat delete downpipes it felt a little flat at high RPM's. After doing multiple roll on full throttle pulls the car seemed to be adapting to the changes and got stronger and stronger. I noticed the same thing after first installing the stage 1 tune in the car. It was immediately stronger than stock but got progressively faster after driving 50 or so miles. The difference between stock and the stage 1 tune is greater (at least so far) than the stage 2 tune with the cat less down pipes and the stage 1 tune. This makes sense since the listed HP difference isn't as great. The car is definitely stronger.
I have not put 50 miles on the car yet so it may continue to get stronger as the stage 2 tune continues to adapt. What I do like so far is that the car feels just as refined as it did stock. I can not detect any more exhaust noise than when it was stock. There is definitely more intake sound when pushing it though. There was not any gas mileage penalty with the stage 1 tune. It will take a few weeks and maybe 500 miles to determine if the stage 2 tune with the cat less down pipes affect fuel economy. My guess is that they will not driving normally. I will get back in a couple of weeks with a answer about both fuel mileage and any further performance difference.
Appreciate 0