10-05-2021, 06:29 PM   #45
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieSnuffBox View Post
The RF looks cool, no doubt. But I couldn't bring myself to lose even more trunk space and add something like 110 lbs.

And it doesn't look like the ND2 is receiving nearly the aftermarket support as far as drivetrain mods as it used to. Because of all the EPA stuff regarding emissions/tunes. For example, Edlebrock isn't even bothering to develop a S/C kit for the ND2.

Orange Virus Tuning and Good-Win Racing HP increases from tunes haven't been able to be verified by third parties. IE, not seeing close to the power gains they claim.

Even if I don't heavily mod a car, I like to know there is good aftermarket support if I do.

One last one, if you ever decided you want to do HPDE, you basically need an oil cooler, transmission cooler, and diff cooler for the NDs. In the search of lightweight, the fluid capacities are so small they get well in to the danger zone in less than a 20 minute session. Whereas the Twins just need an oil cooler. Which basically any modern car does for track work.

Good pts, tx man.

I could understand the extra 110lbs or so, some reviewers said they noticed, some say they didn't. Who knows? ...but for sure that's a consideration for track rats where everything counts. Not sure about the trunk factor though, seems to be negligible.

I dunno if I'd ever wanna go to the track, maybe some auto-x in the future, but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much as just driving back roads. As such, I'm not into modding, but it's good to know that the potential of the twins seem better.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0