View Single Post
      01-11-2021, 02:29 PM   #155
twin fed
Doc Brown
Rep
Drives: 2016 MG MT M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
I considered refinancing last year but couldn't tell if the headache would be worth it, but looks like rates have gone down more since then.

I'm 4+ years into a 30 year with about $460k of $512k balance left @ 3.375%. I'm a bit nervous that my wife impulsively wants to leave NY (even though she has a pension so I'm not sure how realistic that goal of hers is). Does it make sense to try to refi? I still have a bit of PTSD from the paperwork the first time, but maybe the second time around I'll be a pro at it.

Does anyone recommend any lenders they've used? (I'm in NY, currently finance through PNC Bank)
I am basically in the exact same financial situation as you are. I owe a little less and my rate is 3.66%, is a little more. I don't really plan on going anywhere anytime soon, so refinancing is appealing with the current rates. I just contacted my current lender (Chase Bank) and am waiting to hear back. My last house I refinanced was super easy (GreenSky Financial). They took care of everything and even came to my house to do the paperwork.

Appreciate 0