01-17-2020, 11:53 AM   #416
kavo11
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3 (Lemans Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoManyBlueCars View Post
Man that's a lot of numbers.

Look. The M5 is the best 5 Series you can buy. It's the fastest, most involved one.

All I'm saying is you might not NEED all that performance. If you don't, an M550 is a nice choice, and still a car you can enjoy every day with performance better than most previous M cars. That doesn't mean it's NOT an M car.
Haha like I said, finance guy...

I agree you may not need all that performance and that is 10000% fine. The majority of people just get a thrill out of smacking the gas pedal at the light briefly to get in front of someone and a 335 or even 328 will likely jump the majority of cars out there. They're great daily drivers. I'll never agree though that you can slap a few performance items here and there and then consider an M340/M550 a true M car.

We're all entitled to our opinion. I personally think the M moniker should be reserved for the highest tier performance variants as it was originally intended. Those who really care about sports/performance cars will always look at the M2, M3, M4 etc as THE bmw cars to aspire to. I think the current ///Marketing on the non-M cars dilutes what made the M's so special in the first place and that to me is a shame.
Appreciate 1
chrisk03153.00