Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 750i G12 M Sport, '12 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINA_DREAMS View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcrispy View Post
I've always noticed that my 2016 750 (with HK audio) has never had the bass quality that either of my old X3 vehicles had. I recently had a 2020 740 with BW audio loaner and the audio quality was nearly identical to my HK when the EQ was set to the same settings. This weekend I drove my daughters 2012 528 (same EQ settings) and was blown away by how good the bass was in her car. It reminded me of why I loved the "Business class" head units in each of my X3s. Does anyone happen to know if the enclosure under the seat on the 7 is just not nearly as deep, or large? I realize that they aren't "subwoofers" but once you hear the same stuff in the 528, it's shocking how much louder and deeper the bass is. It makes sense now why I can hear the bass thumping from inside the house when my daughter pulls up, before I even get a motion alert from the Ring camera. It sounds amazing.
I've got a 2019 750 with the B&W and the bass response is excellent. Much improved over the H&K in a loaner I recently drove. It's really all about how you set the EQ. I had to boost the low end quite a bit to get the sound I wanted.
I cranked the EQ in the loaner because I was so surprised with how weak the bass was in comparison to what I expected (since I would hope that the BW would actually sound better than the HK) but the results were very similar. Both are completely in no way close to our 528 or what I remember from the X3 days. I was just curious if the 7 left far less usable room for a speaker enclosure and that might be why it's not nearly what it could be?
Appreciate 0