AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moopai View Post
That’s really strange as I use Google maps everyday as well but now because of the reboot I’m not. It real sucks as I was looking forward to use Google maps as I rely heavily on it for traffic info. What’s even worse is that my iPhone X stops to charger on the wireless charger when CarPlay is activated. Now because it’s not activated the phone chargers normally.
Phone not charging when Carplay is active is not normal. It sounds like the Carplay flash screwed up something in your system. Maybe more than one thing. I would contact the flash vendor asap to see if there is a way to reflash.
Second possibility is your idrive software was not compatible with the flash, since it may be early '16. You could always try to have the whole system reflashed at a dealer and then start all over. I am thinking that maybe your version of iDrive software had a anomaly -- or maybe the carplay flash only works properly with a car software later than what you have.
Third possibility is Canada cars have software that is not compatible with the CP flash, in which case you may be out of luck unless the vendor can provide a suitable flash file.
Appreciate 0