View Single Post
      09-26-2019, 04:55 PM   #14
Moopai
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: M850GC Tanzanite Blue Metallic

Before I flashed the CarPlay, the dealer updated the firmware on my car to the latest release and I checked with the guy that sold me the software for compatibility issues which he said there were none! I did contact the vendor, he said that no one has ever complained about these issues before! Not sure what to do, it’s bazaar what I’m experiencing...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlteBMW View Post
Phone not charging when Carplay is active is not normal. It sounds like the Carplay flash screwed up something in your system. Maybe more than one thing. I would contact the flash vendor asap to see if there is a way to reflash.
Second possibility is your idrive software was not compatible with the flash, since it may be early '16. You could always try to have the whole system reflashed at a dealer and then start all over. I am thinking that maybe your version of iDrive software had a anomaly -- or maybe the carplay flash only works properly with a car software later than what you have.
Third possibility is Canada cars have software that is not compatible with the CP flash, in which case you may be out of luck unless the vendor can provide a suitable flash file.
Appreciate 0