View Single Post
      02-21-2024, 09:06 AM   #18
///MPhatic
The Seeker
Rep
Drives: OG M2 • Exige

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppointer View Post
Interesting comment from mphatic. I bought a '67 Corvette coupe last fall. I haven't put many miles on it yet, but my experience so far is mixed. The motor (L79) is fantastic with all of the right sounds and feels and smells. The Hurst shifter and Tremec transmission are awesome. Even the ride is fairly compliant. However, the steering is vague, and the rear feels as if something is loose. Brakes are roughly adequate. So, the car is fun in a straight line, but plan way ahead for turns and stops. My base line includes my 2012 e92 335i MT and a 2001 M roadster.
For me it was all about ergonomics. After sitting in so many modern cars where things just fall into hand and are easy to see/use, driving the old cars with huge steering wheels, bouncy seats, glare on everything, and just terrible response (not to mention slow), I just couldn't bring myself to like the experience. I was sad over it for about 3 minutes, then I remembered I had a Lotus Exige sitting at home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxberryJam View Post
My absolute dream car from my youth - I wanted the metallic blue one!
T87 Fiji Blue, made just 2 years; 1988 and 1989

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
I had a couple of first gen RX-7s, a 260Z and an MR-2 in high school and college back in the 80s. I loved them. I had the opportunity to drive an ‘84 RX-7 that was well cared for about a year ago. I could not get over how damn small it is! Every other vehicle on the road towered over me in traffic. It was sooooo weird to be that low and right on the asphalt. It was fun to drive but I certainly missed modern brakes and tires!
My first car was an '84 RX-7, then I had an '86 MR-2, both of which I sorely miss, but I'm tiny, so those cars fit me perfectly.
Attached Images

Appreciate 3