View Single Post
      08-05-2018, 10:21 PM   #18
luv4greenleaves
Rep
Drives: 2014 750xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscreen67 View Post
Think of it this way.

The older cars of many brands were built to last.

European companies essentially build their vehicles to last entry into service for the original lease period which is 3yrs on average. This allows the dealer to essentially sell the same car 2x and take a loss on the books for a depreciative value aspect.

The lease makes you better money approach, and the concept of the traditional excessively starched suit tool having to have the latest and so called greatest has taken away from focus on longevity.
Yes, you make perfect sense. These cars are bulit for the first lease owner and that it. Who care about the second, third, or on.

The business model is for the 1st lease owner so their car only needs to make it 3 years. I've learned a very valuable lesson from my first BMW.

When ever I can get out of my 2014 750ix with the least amount of loss I plan to only lease the new 7 series going forward... This way I can beat the hell out of it and make it someone else's.problem..

For now I'm stuck with this car for a few years so I'll take it in the shorts and buy extended warranty..
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00