Drives: '18 M2 6MT

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
It's about a friend...
Are you reading me here?
I am. Just don't quote me.

I met her when I was 15, and knew there was something special about her from the very first moment. I could feel her standing there, the way she looked at me, it was a calmness that blanketed everything. I remember it as if it were yesterday, though it happened 35 years ago.

Unfortunately, I was 15, had no real experience with such feelings, so I did nothing about it, and shortly thereafter began a serious relationship with a different girl. I didn't go out much, and did not see her again for 4 years, after that relationship had ended.

A friend of mine invited me to hang out for a day, check out his new-to-him car, and watch a movie. To my utter surprise, he had brought her along.

The thing was, he didn't know we had a thing for each other, and he secretly had a thing for her, but she was seeing someone at the time, so this was his way of inviting her on a "date" without arousing suspicion, it was "friend time."

Unfortunately for him, and her current boyfriend, what was between us remained, and the very next day she broke up with her boyfriend to be with me, and we started our first relationship.

I wish I could say it was bliss, but the truth is that I was still hurting over the previous relationship, and we had many other things against us. We were just starting out, and were still very young (19). I had a factory job, but still lived at home to save money. She lived on her own, but walked to work.

The relationship lasted only a year, and ended for reasons a bit too painful to recount here, but I can tell you that it took me the better part of 3 years to get myself back after the break-up.

Fast-forward 28 years later to December 1st, 2017 when I saw her again. It was like something out of a dream. She was so very different, and yet exactly as she had always been, and the feeling remained. There was a silent admission between us that our feelings for each other were timeless, and we knew, despite our current relationships, that we belong together.

It's at this point that I'll just say that we are not together because of circumstance, but that our love remains, and should the opportunity present itself in the future, we will be ready.

Last edited by VisualEcho; 03-14-2020 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 2
MKSixer34184.50
zx10guy5149.50