View Single Post
      11-22-2022, 12:15 PM   #79
XutvJet
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgrundke View Post
I don't follow Ramsey, but will say this: his advice is aimed at the 90% who really do not understand "capital" and how to use it properly. When he says, "debt is bad", he's making a blanket statement to warn that 90% who, frankly, don't understand that concept and who will absolutely be better served avoiding debt.
This is very true and he has saved a lot of people from getting out of debt and/or getting into deep debt. Let's face it, a majority of Americans are terrible with managing their finances and living beyond their means. It doesn't matter if you make $20K a year to $200K a year. A majority of them live paycheck to paycheck and carry large amounts of loan and CC debt.

And let's be real here, you have to know how to work the system to "use debt" to a real advantage. For me personally, I'm not interested in that. I like having no mortgage, CC debt, etc. I sleep much better at night knowing everything is mine.