View Single Post
      06-10-2015, 07:07 PM   #134
255zr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaFX1942 View Post
It's about maintaining the design that attracts customers to BMW in the first place. Sure, some folks are about driving dynamics, but most customers are buying BMW for the luxury and the prestige. With that in mind, I think the 7-series is designed conservatively to attract a more mature, well-established customer base. Wins on that front. I think it definitely has road presence. And would love to see the new tech trickle down to the 3-series.
I do not think your statement is actually accurate. MBZ sales a boatload more s-class than BMW sales 7er because it is perceived as a more prestigous and luxorious brand. BMW is for the majority about driving dynamics. MBZ is about prestige and Audi design. With that said, it still needs to be good looking no matter how it drives and that is one ugly duckiling ... From my point of view a very worrisome trend as the latest cars are getting uglier (New X6 vs old, X4 is bad, 5 series is boring and so on). Of the German premium brands BMW makes by far the ugliest cars. Problem is dynamically not as far ahead as they used to from the competition (case in point M3 vs C63).
Appreciate 0