Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterp27 View Post
QSilver7,

The Alpina steering wheel in the F01/F02 years (2011-2015) does not have the notches or humps like the sport wheels do. You can have them added and I almost did it for the additional 75 bucks but decided against it in the end. Having the increased diameter was enough for me. The name of the place is Dallas Custom Steering Wheel and they have done two wheels for me now. 2001 e55 and this 2011 Alpina. You can do whatever you want to your wheel. Different leathers, perf or non perf. Alcantara, different colors and a myriad of stiches. The owner is Donald Le and his place is in Garland, TX right on the edge of Dallas. This took about 9 days including shipping. He will quote you via email and work with you for whatever you want.
dallascustomsw@yahoo.com
Thanks for the additional info. Didn’t know about the f01/f02 Alpina steering wheel (no notches)…I assumed they came with the sport steering wheel like the f06 6 series Alpina (like pictured).

Thanks for the vendor info…I was guessing that is who you were referring to (Dallas Custom Steering Wheel) but wanted to be sure. I brought their name up in a thread within the last few weeks (I believe it was on a different forum). Someone was looking to recover their steering wheel…and they went with Coby Wheel (out of Atlanta area). But they don’t do the pre LCI sport steering wheel in leather (just Alcantera)…they just do the LCI wheel that has the round airbag. Good to know that “DCSW” will do the pre LCI & LCI anyway you want.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 0