View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 08:25 PM   #11
M_Bimmer
Captain
Rep
Drives: G12 B7, G07 XB7, F02 B7, 991.1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramezza View Post
I didn't buy my car for the fuel economy. Far from it, I took a calculated risk. Smiles Per Gallon as opposed to Miles Per Gallon, as they say.

But f*ck me, I was expecting more than 12mpg to/from work.

Any tips? (ie when to use sport / comfort / adaptive / eco etc)?

I've done a search online but many tips around the driving modes are specific to different models, fuel types, nature of journey and even country. For what it's worth my longest journey is about 7 miles each way for work, in 30mph roads (with occasional traffic), in the UK in my 750i.

And like I said, I wasn't expecting miracles, but expected better, hence me asking.
There is a function or mode in your iDrive that is called "EfficientDynamics" that allows you to assess your driving modes, styles and location (sort of) to your MPG.

The 1st figure below is of the G12 "EfficientDynamics" mode, 3D, a little harder to read, since it uses 1/2 the screen to show the vehicle. My G12 is only used for 3 mile stints, so the bar graph reflects terrible MPG (9.5MPG)

The 2nd figure below is of the F10 "EfficientDynamics" mode, 2D, that I use constantly that helps provide the helpful info regarding what is influencing my MPG in 1 minute MPG Average snapshots. The tall bar graph is coasting down the hill in "N" & "Comfort". I don't try and get the highest MPG, and I drive to drive, but use this info, live, to know.

While it provides "average" MPG over 1 minute increments, it does help with driving dynamics to MPG.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0