10-07-2020, 08:54 AM   #4
740I_yeye
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Looking for one rn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveo535 View Post
Hi All

I'm in the UK and just wondered how you UK guys find the 7 in the real world eg driving experience, practicality (I know it's no touring)parking in super markets and driving round town.

I ask as I'm possible looking to change to a standard wheelbase 740i. I've always loved the 7 but always thought it was out of my price range but with the deals at the moment it's cheaper than a 5.

Also just wondered what sort of discount you guys have had I'm currently seeing 33% off the 740i

Cheers in advance Steven.
I have the pre lci long wheelbase 740Li as that was the only available option and I’m also looking to get the newer one just for the option of the short wheelbase as it is the perfect proportions in my opinion. The new 740i’s are on massive discount and are a great car with the same B58 engine in mine just slightly tweaked. It’s miles ahead of the 5 series and definitely more worth it. Also for me I have no driveway or anything so I park on the road. There are times where I do notice the size but a lot of the time it isn’t to do with parking haha because the spaces would barely fit a normal car in so it doesn’t make a big difference. The only thing I do notice is the width, mainly because of the width restriction barriers and all of that in the UK so a lot of the time I can’t even go through certain routes because it would be almost impossible to go past
Appreciate 0