08-22-2021, 11:54 AM   #12
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
Umm...hardly blown out of proportion nor hearsay. If you go to any car dealer, you can see the impact of the low inventory. Even rental car companies are suffering from this. I know personally about this as I had to get a rental recently due to my car going into a body shop for work. Thank goodness I was doing this through State Farm insurance and had put in an advanced reservation. When I got to the nearby Enterprise Rental Car facility, there were literally almost no cars on their lot. I've never seen it that way ever. Their phones were ringing off the hook with people asking for same day rentals which they couldn't fulfill. Every response was maybe you'll get a car in 2 or 3 days. I had put in for a standard car and they didn't have anything on the lot. I got put in an Audi A5 which of course is several tiers higher than the rental I had reserved. Enterprise even honored the standard car per day pricing. All due to low inventory.

And the bottleneck is with Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC). They seem to be the only large scale manufacturer that is capable of producing these chips needed in the automotive industry. This is what we all get for outsourcing all of our manufacturing capability to one source.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/21/tsmc...last-year.html
THIS
Appreciate 0