AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Douggefreshvt View Post
I have a 2016 750i XDrive M Sport. 0 issues so far. Bought in August 2019 with CPO and 55k miles. Currently 64k miles.

I use an Indy for routine stuff. My only gripe is that the dealer sold me the car with almost no tread left on the tires. When I put snows on in October my Indy recommended replacing the tires come spring. A disappointing expense I was not expecting. Live and learn I guess.

So my advice is check the tires.
Yes, live and learn. The lesson is any used car should have its tread checked (and the age of the ties) before purchase. If you bought it with 55k miles, even if the tires had been changed once (at say, 25-30,000), and you then drove it for a couple of months, it is not suprising that new tires were needed. I made a similar error a few years ago buying a used E61 with about 35,000 miles, low mileage because the car was only a few years old. Dealer told me the tires were new. Not so, and I didn't check the code on the tire sidewalls. Not only did the tires wear rather quickly, but when I took the car in to a tire shop less than a year after purchase, they pointed out that the age of the tires also called for replacement. (Have never returned to that dealer).
Appreciate 1