Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '16 G11 730d, '18 F33 420d Cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastLaneJB View Post
Of course I'm looking forward to frickin lasers on my new one
i’ll Start calling you Dr. Evil from now on!

Nice video that explains most of the features much better than I did of the Icon adaptive LED lights but leaves out a few so to add;

-variable light distribution: urban driving, low beam illumination is extended to the sides automatically at speeds below 30 or when braking below 25 mph. Motorway, width of the low beam pattern is increased (not to the immediate sides but further up at edges) at speeds above 68 mph for 30 seconds or more OR if speed > 87 mph at all (where legal ) and remains so until speed drops below 50 mph.

-some videos also show light distribution (not only splitting the beam) actively reduces in size or increases with oncoming traffic. So the right headlight will not only actively split and move to the right further to not bling the oncoming car but also dynamically shorten as the vehicle approaches and then then eventually switch off high beam altogether on that side when it reaches a minimum range to be reactivated once car is past and then dynamically ‘grows’ a bit as well.

Very cool features we’ll all have!

-frickin lasers: only i8 and 7 have them currently! You’ll need them in the 760 with the acceleration you’ll have!
Appreciate 0