View Single Post
      06-02-2023, 03:47 PM   #51
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///MPhatic View Post
I was merely pointing out that originally, oversteer was something to be controlled with both hands on the wheel.
According to who? and in what situations?
It is a meaningless statement.
I'm sure there have been people who've said it, just as there have been people who haven't said it.
That doesn't make it that "it was something"...
I mean it's something that is played with on the track, so use whatever works.
You're considering it making a mountain of a molehill, but I see someone launching a completely random statement, allegedly not his own, but somehow it must be true.

As for on the public roads, oversteer is something that should be avoided at all times as it creates an unsafe, unstable situation of the car. But letting the steeringwheel slide through your hands in cases of large steering angles (induced by overgrabbing of the hands or passing on of the hands; these are the 2 allowed methods at the driving exam here for steering angles larger than normal 10 to 3 position will allow for) by the selfrighting force due to the caster of the wheelgeometry is a normal practice that is learned during driving lessons, for a long time, at least for 30 or 40 years. At least where I live. Nothing to frown upon in my book.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 06-02-2023 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0