10-07-2018, 12:09 AM   #30
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Look. I already told you that I was not being condescending, nor was I making a quip. I had mentioned going to 6th Street and someone else said "don't go to 6th Street", so I gave you a link with a lot of information about 6th Street and said that the decision was up to you. How is that a quip or being condescending?

I was honestly trying to be helpful, you treated me like crap, and I am sorry that I even bothered. I think that my 7,000+ rep points show that most people usually appreciate my posts and again I am sorry that you didn't.

You have given me a great lesson. Thanks.
Dude ... I get it ... let it go. Some times the written word does not come across as we intend, and this seems to be one of those instances. That's why in my retort to the other guy ... I stated that what you wrote "came off very condescending" as well as, "the way I read it." When you read either "Make your own decisions" and "the decision is (was) up to you" both read differently. Although they make the same basic point "make your own decisions" reads much more like .... don't rely on others to make your decision for you. Understand? If not, at least know that's how I read it.

I understand that you didn't mean for it to be read as a quip or that you were being condescending ... however at the time, regardless of what you said, it came of as condescending. Heck, you gave me a link to COTA ... that's up there with giving someone the or emojis when they ask a basic question without researching first. I do understand you were trying to be helpful, but it came across in a backhanded way ... whether you meant for it or not.

I apologize for being rude and unappreciative ... there's just a shit-ton of condescending/know-it-all/smart asses / or people that chime in to just make themselves known, on these boards (For instance ... the guy I was replying to) ... sometimes its hard to tell who is and who isn't ... all you can go by is how it's written.

I understand if you're not cool with me ... but know, I'm cool with you. Peace

Last edited by N52UNED; 10-07-2018 at 12:27 AM..
Appreciate 0