View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 03:38 PM   #3
runalot
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 760Li

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qsilver7 View Post
An OBD 2 scanner is only looking for faults set by the car’s emissions system. That is what the OBD II mandate was created for.

If you want to pull manufacture codes for any system on the car’s communication bus…you need a different type of scanner that is designed to communicate with the entire car.

Your explanation of cold starts…sounds like you may have a discharged car battery. Is that what you’re trying to describe? How old is the car’s battery? Is it the original or has it been replaced since 2012?
Thanks for the reply! I think it might be the original battery. Could be worth having it checked out and replaced. This is the scanner that I bought, does it not cover all the codes? Amazon link

My assumption is that since this isn't a hot-vee engine like the N63, I shouldn't encounter oil burn problems like that engine had, since the turbos in the N74 are located on the outer sides of the engine. I do seem to remember reading something about cracking turbo coolant lines that could be an issue though...
Appreciate 0