View Single Post
      04-07-2022, 06:40 PM   #116
BrindledSaddle
Rep
Drives: 2020 MB S560 4M as Daily

So I was checking my status via the BMW website.. and noticed my Merino leather I had ordered had been suddenly replaced by Nappa leather without any notice to me. After making several calls to BMWNA and the dealership to get it rectified, no one had any idea what was going on.

The sales manager ended up emailing the Alpina manager and recieved some interesting information that he passed on to me, so I will share with you all here in the hopes that it saves some of us some surprises.

Starting with all April builds, I've been told that BMW will be removing all Merino leather (including BMW Individual orders) from all lines being built in Europe. If you had Merino leather on your order, double check, since it could have been removed and replaced with Nappa leather instead. And from what it sounds like they are most likely NOT notifying customers of this stealth change whatsoever.

The story being told to me is that all Merino leather is coming out of Ukraine so Merino leather is being removed altogether from builds and replaced with whatever they can get their hands on.

I now have to make a choice as to whether I will cancel my order or will accept a lower leather quality.

Beyond disappointed, given that my order was scheduled for Week 20 2022, after having been delayed repeatedly since I ordered in July of 2021.
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00