View Single Post
      02-24-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

It's been a bad winter. The dealer refused to change my wiper inserts when I brought my car in for service (200 mile round trip).

They said I had to wait until April. Presumably, they will change the wiper blades when my car reaches 1 year of age.

This $0 maintenance is a sham.

Today I went to clean my windshield and the drivers side streaked so bad it was difficult to see whilst driving.

So, I pressed my handy dandy concierge service and asked to be connected to BMW NA customer service. I explained I have two 2013 bimmers totaling $3000 per month.

BMW was unmoved. No thanks and no appreciation. I said it was ludicrous that I was having this conversation.

She said that her department didn't receive training on the intricacies of wiper insert replacement claims. She said she wanted to call the dealer.

She said that BMW can't just replace these things when they stop working. Instead she said we have to wait until specified parameters. Yet, she didn't convey the parameters.

I explained it is real simple. I have $0 maintenance contract that covers wiper inserts and I can't see out of the driver's window due to excessive streaking.

I said you don't need parameters other than the wiper blades are no longer performing. I said this was common sense.

She would not authorize the wiper blade replacement. I explained that given the $3000 monthly payment and given that I prepaid for the wiper inserts, bmw should change them immediately.

Not gonna happen.

She said she will get back to me within 3 to 5 days.

Drumroll please.....

I was careful to be respectful the entire time. But, this is silly and my life (and others') on the road is at risk.

PLEASE BMW, DO THE RIGHT THING AND REACH DEEP INTO YOUR POCKETS AND REPLACE MY WIPER INSERTS ON MY $122,000 2013 BMW 750Li Xdrive with 15,550 miles.

Please change my wiper inserts, not as a courtesy, not because I just bought 2 Bimmers last year, not because this is my sixth 750li in 9 years, not because I am a loyal customer for 17 years, but please change my wiper inserts because I can't see while driving and because I have the $0 full maintenance. Please. I beg of you on bended knee.
Appreciate 0