View Single Post
      02-25-2014, 07:34 PM   #15
ingenieur
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWrules7 View Post
Thank you for your kind supposition. I do not view myself as successful. That determination can only be made the day I pass away on this earth.

I am fighting this on principle. It just seems so clear to me and regrettably I see no grey areas here.

To the contrary, I already paid for the wiper inserts when I bought my car. That's how prepaid $0 maintenance works.

So, I see this case as my pre-paying for the wiper inserts and all bmw has to do is give me what I paid for.

The wiper blades are no longer performing to spec. I prepaid for my wiper inserts the day I bought my bmw.

So, all bmw has to do is give me the wiper inserts that I already paid for.

How complicated can that be. Also, if every bmw customer determined that their wiper inserts have failed around the same time, then bmw should release the inserts to all of their customers who ask----after all, these wiper insets were already prepaid for.

Now, if BMW is concerned that I am abusing the process by asking that my faulty wiper inserts be replaced before the 1 year anniversary then I say;

1. Grow up bmw. I drive 200 miles roundtrip to my dealer. I can assure you that I wild not waste a minimum of 4 hours driving time to have the wipers fixed if it were not truly necessary.

2. BMW should stop calling its maintenance "$0" if they refuse to change the wiper inserts.

3. My Gosh, it's been a bad winter and my car has 15,500 miles on the wipers---change the wiper inserts BMW!

4. BMW is always running scared about USA liability and that's why we can't get some of the cool European options in the States,

Doesn't BMW see the tremendous liability exposure with a customer complaining about not being able to see out of the driver's windscreen and respectfully asking that BMW change the wiper inserts because he can't see while driving in the rain?

5. If nothing else, BMW should just tell the dealership to change the wiper inserts and then bill me. Then, I will have a safe car. Then, I can administratively follow due process to have my dispute reviewed in the future. But, at least the immediate harm would be mitigated.

Now, if BMW is afraid to front the cost of the wiper inserts while we sort this out because BMW is afraid I might skip town I say:

That's nonsense. I already gave BMW money, in advance mind you, to pay for the pre-paid maintenance. Even if BMW were to float me the cost of the wiper inserts whilst we sort this matter out, BMW is still ahead of the game----BMW has all of the dollars I advanced for the pre-paid maintenance. Plus, BMW already said they will install the wiper inserts in April. So the true cost here is the time value of money for 40 days. Interest rates are at an all time low. How much can wiper inserts cost? $60? How much interest can BMW earn on $60 over 45 days. BMW admits the wiper inserts will be changed in April. So, this entire fiasco boils down to BMW wanting to clutch on the the interest to be made on $60. Lol, BMW isn't even on the hook for more than $10 here.

All this nonsense over $10?
There are easily 8 dealers within "1" hour of Philly...I wonder why a 7 Series owner would not get this handled considering the winter...
Appreciate 0