King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now_Rudi View Post
YES! You completely understand! It's a continual battle of being 3-5 steps ahead of everyone else and constantly trying to forecast their actions or reactions and then plan accordingly so that you aren't behind the 8 ball. you HAVE to be prepared for whatever direction they decide they want to go at the drop of a hat.

My biggest complaint here is lack of communication and accountability. Some here don't want to lose their sense of pride in being transparent to those that it actually helps. I've come to realize that my job, my affiliation with the safety committee and my being a trainer earns me no friends. It doesn't bother me though, I get paid for fact based results not if someone likes me. I try to be fair and honest to everyone here but rationality with factory workers is not common place. Basically whatever department I'm currently working on a project for, I can expect everyone in that department to be upset with me before it's over.

I don't even have AutoCAD. I have to email myself blueprints and manipulate them in a free version of SketchUp on my personal laptop.
Once I get back in the office Monday, I will PM you a link to some free software that is CAD compatible. I use it extensively.....it just does not allow for 3D modeling. But for 2D drawings, it's pretty effective and has a nice GUI that makes it easy to learn.

Then you can save or export as a CAD file, or even convert to a PDF. It's really versatile, and can probably be used for 90% of your work.

Virtually has all the features of CAD, and you can build all custom libraries for what you use the most. Also has a layering feature that is rival to AutoCad.

I think you may enjoy it. You can also plot with it.
Thank you sir! I appreciate that!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00