View Single Post
      01-03-2019, 10:25 AM   #35
Lmaiuri
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 13' Sapphire Black M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
LOL at people my age who are dealers and dress like they are fuckin ceos...wont let me open the new M5. then they proceed to drive home in their highly subsidized 320s. hate the dealership model, but hey what you gunna do
This times a thousand. You have to understand that, for the most part, slinging cars is a very, very low-on-the-totem-pole sales job. Hierarchically speaking, it is bottom of the barrel. You're working on a draw, 7 days a week, on a sales floor with too many other salespeople for it to be even close to lucrative without killing yourself at work. Old heads that stick around are usually who you want to deal with, but young salespeople representing a luxury brand is a bad idea. Lack of experience + the arrogance of representing BMW is such a distasteful experience.

The real rub of the matter is that you're trying to have a great experience around cars that you love while some ass hat who is working on a Saturday that took a draw last month to pay off his credit card is so upset at his situation that he brings it into work and takes it out on you. I've walked the fuck out of more dealerships than I care to count. At the end of the day I get to enjoy the rest of my Saturday while they're working until 7PM and then doing it all over again next week.
Appreciate 0