View Single Post
      07-18-2019, 12:21 PM   #1077
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatBimmerBloke View Post
Started watching Dark after I saw bosstones ' post. Didn't like it in the beginning but getting interesting now, 5 episodes down. Mikel's revelation was mind-boggling
Is it just me or was season 3 of Stranger Things pretty dull as compared to the first two seasons? I mean it wasn't bad but. . .
Yeah, Dark is getting good. I only watch when the girlfriend is around as not to pass her on episodes so it will be a few more days before I can dive back in.

Season 3 of Stranger Things 3 seemed to focus more on all the 80's stuff in the backdrop and lost sight of a good story line. I have to go back and re-watch the last episode. I missed something major by turning it off once Dustin and his girlfriend started singing. As soon as he started singing it instantly made me want to turn it off. In my opinion, the story in season one was fantastic and it captured the essence of the 80's without it being the primary focus. Season 3 was the exact opposite of that. The set and costume designer did their jobs a little too well. The Duffer brothers watched The Faculty and somehow didn't get in trouble with Dimension Films and Robert Rodriguez for stealing the story and then adding the Stranger Things cast plus Russians. There! I said it. The story line was stolen.
Appreciate 1