11-24-2022, 11:01 PM   #384
fmzip
Spoiler Bandit
Rep
Drives: 2019 M850i / 2016 228i

[QUOTE=SpeedyATL;29577740]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmzip View Post
To give you an idea on healthcare costs, I pay approxiamtely $2K a month with a $7500 deductible right now. Each year it goes up 15-20%. If I retire at 60, I'm likely looking at a $30K bill each year til age 65 just for mediocare healthcare!

See my comment below:

You should look at one of the health cost sharing organizations. My wife and i are small business owners and absolutely love our provider.

We have a 1000 annual deductible and pay about 550/month. You can use any doctor you want. All you have to do is ask for the self pay discount, pay it yourself and then file for reimbursement.

This is not an ad and we have no affiliation other then 5 year members. PM me if you want a referral to the one we use.
Thanks, I have looked into them before. The issue with HCS like healthcare minitries etc, they aren’t legally bound to pay claims. Unlike insurance companies, they also don't have to follow the Affordable Care Act guidelines nor are they regulated by state or federal agencies. You could find yourself in a real costly situation if they decide not to pay your bills. Not worth the risk in my opinion particularly if something catastrophic were to happen.
Appreciate 1
SpeedyATL1878.50