07-09-2015, 03:19 PM   #17
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray knight View Post
M7 to me makes no sense at all. the 7 series is a HUGE luxury cruiser. its not a track car. i think an M7 would water down the M division too much. the Alpina B7 makes so much more sense. just an insanely fast full size luxury car. coming from an M5 to an M3, even the M5 does not really have the special M feeling like the M3 has. its just too damn big to be a "sports car". M7 would be fast yes but would not have the fun element like the smaller M cars have. if i want plush luxury and M performance i'd rather do an X5M over an M7.

Most people on these pages would like to string you up for even saying something positive at all about an M SAV... . however you are SPOT on in your assessment about an X5 M being a much sportier vehicle than a 7 series sled. I have seen an X5M on a big track like COTA and also on a small technical 1.8 mile " momentum" circuit .... and the X5M handles it all with aplomb and can pass a C7 Stingray on the straights...

Since the entire idea of a 7 series is comfort, and more comfort.... I agree that Alpina is the way to go. I have driven both an Alpina B7 and an X5 4.8 on track actually.. There is no need for an M version when the Alpina is available.

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 07-09-2015 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0