03-27-2023, 08:59 AM   #6
Qsilver7
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 650ix GC / F15 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixfour View Post

I thought you can set the car to "greet" you as you walk towards it with the handle and carpet lighting up, but maybe I'm getting confused with something else I read.
That would be the "welcome light". My older version of iDrive has a checkbox to activte this feature. And then the Bimmercode app allows me to select some of the lights I want to illuminate and if they come on hard or soft....and only illuminate in darkness etc. But these options varies by what modules your car has that controls the lighting features.

If you really don't want the interior lights to turn on...but the switch that turns the interior lights off also turns off the illuminated exterior door handles and puddle lights...perhaps removing the electrical connectors and/or the bulbs from the interior lights would work for your situation. That way the exterior door handle & puddle lights will still turn on.

And when you sell the car...you can put the bulbs back in so that the next owner doesn't think there's an electrical issue.

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
Appreciate 1