View Single Post
      12-17-2020, 07:10 PM   #1
dbs600
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 750LXi Individual

Heated Seats So Very Hot All of a Sudden

As many of you know, my car is constantly in service.

Unfortunately, I lost some coding during my last visit, as the dealer apparently updated software for some modules.

Strangely, since then, my heated seats on the third level get extremely hot, in particular, the seat back... so much so that simply touching it with your hand feels like it burns, causing you to quickly pull your hand away.

When connecting with Rich (who's amazing, as those who know, know) to get coding back, he saw that the seat bottoms and backs are set to different temperatures on the third setting and that the seat back is programed for 119 degrees Fahrenheit.

Some questions:

1. Has anyone noticed a change in their heated seats temperatures over the years, after a service visit in particular?

2. Does anyone know what temperature your heated seats – the seat backs in particular – are running at?

I like hot heated seats and always thought our cars had great heated seats, but mine have become unbearable.

Problem being... Rich can code to car for whatever [lower] temperature I desire, but I’m not certain what the ‘right’ number is; whatever I may or may not have had before. So I'd like to know what everyone else may be running at.

Also…

3. As the heating elements age, is there any way that they may go bad and heat up even MORE than they should?

Thanks and happy and safe motoring out there if anyone’s in the Northeast storm area!
Appreciate 0