TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferasjamshed@gmail.com View Post
It would be stupid to say the new s class is not good, but it isn't as big of game changer as the previous generations were. Its almost like a facelift instead of a full redesign. the weird thing to me is that the s class didn't introduce the new design language like the other generations did before. This time, the A class brought the new design language. Unlike the new S class, the g70 is a complete 100% redesign. Just look at the spyshots and you can see this. I am certain that it will look very different to every other BMW when it comes out (except the XM maybe). People will hate it, because people hate change (like the XM that i actually like). But at the end of the day, it will be an all new car which i think will change the segment like the E32 and E38 did all those years ago.
Not saying BMW couldn't buck the trend but the entire automotive industry is in this phase of keeping things conservative with very little change. BMW is sort of going back to the Bangle era where they're trying to differentiate between models, but they're doing it and adding a bit more than they should.

Personally, the 4er grille isn't terrible, the shape is acceptable, the size/length of it is what makes it worse than it should be. If they kept the vertical grilles like the Homage Concept, the 4er would look a lot better while still being different. BMW's problem is they don't know when to stop.
Appreciate 3