View Single Post
      05-30-2007, 12:06 PM   #19
Rep
Drives:

I can give you some quick answers until the admins chime in.

#1 We cannot read each and every message, to assume that if a thread hasn't been moderated its because we want the racist, abusive, etc etc remark to remain is completly offbase. If you really value this community, instead of attacking the people who work hard to keep this place running, try to contribute, I haven't seen many/any posts reported by the people who are posting in this thread.

#2 Because you are new to this community, i'll let you know something. This site has been moderated since its inception. If we let go of this site (or any sites for that matter) for a week, the malicious posters get out of hand. Jason and Mark have been working nonstop to moderate the forums and keep it as a clean and informative site, I too help out when I can. When you joined the site and thought of it as a nice place, this is why.

#3 You talk of censorship as if your freedom of speech is being withheld. On the internet, there is no physical violence, it is speech that is the primary mode of communication. Communication is what the entire basis of this and any forum community is. Once you make an attack on that communication then you have made an attack on the community structure. Because of that, malicious speech such as personal attacks, racist attacks and unwarranted attacks are highly regulated. If you feel you have a right to make such attacks and posts, then I suggest you go elsewhere. This rule is not going to change I can tell you that much.

I can tell you that Mark and Jason are both distressed at times at how people will complain endlessly about this site, but never contribute to help it out by reporting posts. Most will just ask to become a moderator or an administrator (power trip), but wont actually report posts and pitch in for their part.

I can tell you personally, I have a strict set of guidelines I go by, and if you make any personal attacks on someone then you will get your post removed and/or a user infraction.
Appreciate 0