View Single Post
      08-18-2022, 10:58 PM   #56
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
I mean, it's hard to predict how much it will weigh since it's going to be a bespoke platform, so it should do better than i4, but I do think given the price bracket you are likely correct it will be heavier than those. Still, if a Hellcat is 5500-5600 lbs, is that going to have a negative impact? It was already a pig and now the weight is at the very bottom of the car.
I get the Hellcat is a boat and will always be one. I don't expect Dodge to become lightweight chassis builder. But it doesn't have to be a hellcat. That is just the current state of battery tech. To get the hp numbers of high hp ice, you need minimum 95kwh battery pack. With that size pack comes a lot of weight. There isn't an EV on the market with over 300hp, with a battery pack smaller than 75kwh. That is a 1,000lbs+ pack alone. Solid state battery tech will eventually move things forward. Lets just say the battery tech doesn't exist for Porsche to build an EV with the power of 992 Turbo S and weigh in at 3600lbs. EV's with true driving dynamics of an ice car are more than a decade away.
Appreciate 0