ShopVac
Not willing to take advice
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F82 M4 - 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
What you got against us poutine-eating, maple sirop-slurping friendly neighbors, eh? 😅

Our nation hasn't won one since '93, have some compassion.😄
Oddly, had poutine last night for dinner. Should have posted in the dinner thread

My son played World Jr's for Team USA. Let's just say I have a hatred for Canadian hockey fans that goes way beyond what one should have for anyone.

That said, and keeping this to the NHL though, let's talk the Toronto fan base. And we'll convert this to baseball for those south of our shared boarder can fully understand, and discuss the Red Sox:
For decades, Red Sox were in check. They had the curse, couldn't win in the playoffs, and folks around the US started to actually feel bad for them. Then one day, they beat the Yankees and go on to win a world series. What happened next was the problem - fans became the 'ultimate knowledge of everything baseball', to the point that just seeing one of their fans is beyond obnoxious. Every fan is a total Ben Asscrack (sorry, autocorrect, Ben Afflict) We all went from feeling bad for them...to becoming 2nd rate fans in their eyes.

The NHL fan base has Toronto in check right now. You can start to see an uproar just because they made it out of the first round. If they win the cup, may God help us all...because the rest of the world will never hear the end of it. Always remember, Toronto had their parade route mapped out, once they signed pajama boy. I hope to never see this route used in my lifetime (though, Raptors used it already...no)

It's not just Canada's fans though...every single team's fan base gets put down by the "original 6" teams fan base. Nobody is worth in their eyes.

Now...for the Oilers. McDavid will never be as good as Crosby. Don't even compare until the McJesus guy holds up Stanley. So him never winning a cup should keep that talk in check.

Truly sad that my dog is named after a current Toronto player and McJesus. Need to get my own priorities straight. Shame on me...