View Single Post
      02-24-2022, 01:43 PM   #42
erickonphoenix
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 Gray 328xi Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyD^2 View Post
I would say that's partially true. The reality is that the SUV is the choice of vehicle for females and by extension became the vehicle of choice for families. I swore I would never get one for myself but after a few years of stuffing kids and football equipment in my M2 I figured the X3MC would be the best of both worlds. In reality for a car guy like me it's not. The X3M has been great and it's not that I don't like the interior, drivetrain, or even looks when it's clean. It's just that I'm a car guy and I like sitting closer to the road and while BMW, Porsche, Alfa have made SUV's that can pull off ridiculous acceleration times, skidpad numbers of a car, and lap a track as fast as a lot of sports cars, it just doesn't feel the same to me.

It's not for you or me but maybe this is a vehicle is a Ferrari for rich women or a successful businessman that likes to lounge in sweatpants.
Yeah, it's very likely my next vehicle will be a Porsche Macan because I refuse to have more than one vehicle so it has to do a lot of things.