View Single Post
      09-30-2021, 12:00 PM   #45
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

This is getting OT, but I don't see the benefit in left foot braking at all, we're not driving go-karts. For the longest time I was wondering how come some cars were going at the same highway speed as me *w their brake lights on* but then I realized that they were probably riding their brake pedals (I'd hate to see their brake-related parts bills)! The travel for the left foot to reach the brake is longer vs the right not to mention the brain getting messed up since it's not intuitive at all. Sure, one can train themselves if they really, really want, like I could probably train myself to shift w my right hand in a LHD but does that mean it's the optimal way? This is already confusing enough for 2 pedals but what about 3 pedals, what happens in an emergency stop situation, heel-toe mash clutch and brake w the left foot? LOL. That's just asking for trouble.

Finally, there are some cars that stall when both brake and throttle are pressed, so that puts an end to that technique in those vehicles.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?

Last edited by tranquility; 09-30-2021 at 12:06 PM..
Appreciate 0