View Single Post
      01-12-2023, 03:46 PM   #42
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by peelerec View Post
Xero shoes are great! Although I much prefer the thinnest sole possible ie. Wildlings. I don't have any personal experience with others than Vivo, Wildlings, Shamma,Earthrunners and Xero. All are similar in heel construction which is very minimal. If you are feeling discomfort or pain from barefoot shoes, then it indicates lack of foot muscles.

Some more suggestions here: https://anyasreviews.com/best-barefoot-shoes-foot-type/

Perhaps the best driving shoe is none and driving barefoot.
Thanks for reply and link - will check it out.

My foot muscles are, I'd guess, in reasonable shape - years of rock climbing, and a couple of years wearing the xeros. It wasn't fatigue that put me off; more that just standing on a rogue piece of gravel made me wince. Like standing on a piece of Lego. And the heel I found got sore after a while when driving though the toe end was great.

I only had 2 pairs of the xeros because the first pair the sole started coming away from the upper after only a month or so. They sent me a second pair as a replacement, and I kept the first pair going a while with glue... Can't fault their customer service, so that's cool. Best driving shoes I've had really, but the heel thing wasn't ideal.
Appreciate 0