View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 11:27 AM   #2
DMAX745i
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E65, F01, F01, now G12

9 & 10- At this point, you want to use your heat gun or hair dryer like i used and warm up the material as it will want to follow the curling from being inside its packaging. Objective is to make vinyl flat so it does not want to curl back into a ball.

11,12&13- Forgot to mention, before wrapping the grill, you will need to thoroughly clean it with a degreaser and inspect it to make sure there is no stains on them as you can see in one of the photos. Make sure no fingerprints or dirt as they can cause vinyl to peel back over time.

14- Start with a small hole in the centre of the vinyl which will allow you a grabbing spot while you handle the vinyl at this point.

15- With your grill facing up, you will want to place the vinyl glue side down, center the piece making sure it will reach all edges of the grill and fold it over to one side exposing half the grill.

16- If this is your first time trying to wrap a piece with vinyl, you can mix water with one or 2 drops of dish soap in a clean spray bottle which you will lightly spray on the vinyl and work surface to make it easier to peel back mistakes when applying. I will show in later steps.
Attached Images