View Single Post
      11-07-2022, 10:02 AM   #42
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnx View Post
This car is probably the largest leap forward for the brand on any model change over since Y2K. Without having read anything about it yet from road testers, just watched the carwow vid, i feel that this time around they have left competition in the dust.
Agree. I've not driven either so I reserve judgement until then, but from the reviews and reading between the lines, I feel like this is the first time in a very long time that BMW's flagship is in front of the S Class. Certainly this seems to absolutely blow the EQS sedan out of the water by a mile.

I do not like the front end in pictures, as I really don't like the "divorced" DRL / headlight look on any car. But the proportions of the car very much suggest a Rolls Royce look, while the S class looks very much like a giant C class, rather than the other way around. Not good. The S class interior's screen layout doesn't do it for me either. I'm not anti-screen in the least, but the current Merc. layout seems disjointed and "tablet" like. I do think, though, that Merc wins on actual gauge layout and customization. I think they are industry leading there.

But yeah, front end look aside, I think BMW has really upped their game with this car. Especially in i7 form.
Appreciate 0