View Single Post
      04-19-2008, 05:27 PM   #22
x5love
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 335i

I think this could be very sleek with better materials, which the article says the new 7 will have. Keep in mind guys that the next generation 7 is going to be an evolution, not revolution of the current one.

BMW's design strategy goes as follows: one generation is a revolution, the next is an evolution, and then another revolution.

This interior is taking hints from the CS for sure. it twists towards the driver, it is much simpler and flowing compared to the current 7, and with better materials it will definitely look ultra-sleek.

I'm not saying that I love it. The steering wheel is a joke. The left side according to the spy pics will be dedicated to cruise control--the current simpler set up is much easier to look at and function for sure.

Also, BMW can't just throw in all of the CS into the 7. The CS will go into production, whether as an 8 or 9 series is unsure. BMW is saving that special interior and most of the exterior design specifically for that car, and THEN we can expect the design to trickle down into the rest of the line up.

This design is by no means ugly. I'm sure once the final materials are implemented and the set up looks less X5ish (there would ideally be a lot more leather, better looking wood etc...) many of your opinions will change.

BMW knows they messed up with the last generation 7 when they first introduced it, they would be out of their mind to not pay extra careful attention to this one.