08-10-2022, 05:58 PM   #1110
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
That's because that probably wasn't too far off. Many don't know this, but the C8 platform is the most profitable generation corvette GM has ever made (meaning they make more on a a single C8 than they did on any other individual corvette prior). The Z06 was probably going to start right under $100k. Then inflation happened, COVID caused production prices to increase and GM started shoveling money into EV R&D. And here we are.
You're preaching to the choir. I been saying that the C8 generation is nothing like the past but the yoyo's on that forum think they know better. They don't.

I actually would not be surprised if they price the hybrid LT2 C8 at 85-90. An attractive middle ground that will show buyers they don't need/have to wait for a z06 when you have AWD and a small hybrid system to the already torquey LT2. The only thing that was lacking with the stingray is top end and i believe that would be addressed with the hybrid model.

The ZR1 would start at 175k. Then the ZORA (full EV model IMHO), will exceed 200k. Basically taking aim at every hyper EV out there, even the tesla roadster that supposed to come around 2024.

GM isn't playing games with the C8. This is the best generation so far. And we're only on the 2nd variant.
Appreciate 1
KevinGS3320.00